Paula’s Top Tips for Managing Your Stress Levels
1. Plan and Prepare – whether its an exam, an interview or a speech make sure you put good time into growing your knowledge on the topic. If studying for an exam make sure you take breaks throughout the day – after every 60 – 90 mins take a 10 min break.
2. Brain Food – ensure you eat a well balanced diet and drink plenty of water to keep energy levels up and prevent fatigue. When studying eat healthy snacks and drink water regularly throughout the day. Avoid foods high in sugar and caffeine.
3. Get Active – exercise releases endorphins which make us feel happy and reduce stress. If you’re stuck for time a quick 10 minute walk or just running up the stairs will help release tension.
4. Take a Breath or Have a Laugh – if you feel your stress levels rising – stop what you’re doing, relax your shoulders and take a slow deep breath, in through your nose and out through your mouth – this will restore your inner calm. Or laugh aloud – it releases natural feel good chemicals.
5. A Good Night’s Sleep – it is vital to rest your mind and your body by getting a good nights sleep. If you are sleep deprived (recommended 8 hours sleep) you will not be able to concentrate on the task at hand.
Here in McLaughlins Bandon Medical Hall we have various different products that can help you relax, prepare well for exams or stressful situations and get a good nights sleep.
Rescue Remedy and Kalms (3 for 2 promotion)
Revive Active and Mastermind
A Vogel Passiflora
Omega 3 Fish Oils